The Land Of St Seraphim
This itinerary has been created to explore this land, past & present. We will arrive in time to to celebrate The Feast of the Transfiguration.
Pilgrimages - 2013 - DATES TO BE SCHEDULED
Land of St Seraphim
In and around Diveyevo
Travelling to Diveyevo, to the region from which the focus of the radius of effect of the
saint's transfiguring life began, a land, both geographic and spiritual, this part of the journey
offers a way of deepening the connection between St Seraphim's inner landscape and our own.
This land, its monasteries, sketes, villages, and people are living witness:
We meet for supper in Moscow before traveling by overnight train from Moscow to Arzamas where we are met by our driver and taken on the 70 km journey
to Diveyevo, where we will experience the glorious Liturgy in the Cathedral of the Holy Trinity, where St Seraphim’s relics lie.
We will spend time in the Monastery of Seraphim-Diveyevo, where the saint's influence has been great, and dwell in a region
in which his image lives in nearly every home. Here, one may bathe in the holy springs and walk the sacred path. We wll explore
surrounding villages in which surviving monks and nuns dwelt in hiding during the soviet years, and through whose inhabitants,
many of the practices and treasures of the monasteries were saved.
- to one of the greatest outpourings of God's love through his servant, humble Seraphim
- to the greatest persecution of Christians of all time
- to the remarkable recovery & renewal of Christian witness taking place in Russia since the 1990's.
Father John Jillions is an Orthodox priest. He lives in Ottawa, Canada, where he serves as Dean of the Annunciation Cathedral
and Professor of St Paul University’s Sheptytsky Institute. He formerly served as Founding Principal of the Institute of Orthodox Christian Studies, Cambridge.
Your price includes:
Your price does not include:
- Experienced English speaking leader throughout
- All excursions and entrance fees
- Train and Road travel from and to Moscow
- Group transport within the Diveyevo region
- In Diveyevo, accommodation in a private house, sharing a twin room.
- All meals
- Any visas required
- Travel insurance
- Drinks and personal items
- Single room supplement
- Airport Transfers.
To find out more, click pdf logo
to download past Pilgrimage Brochure
To make a postal booking, click here to download our postal form.
To view Booking Terms and Conditions click here.